About the AuthorDr. Zohray Talib is a physician, practicing and teaching internal medicine in an academic center in the US. Interests include global health (particularly Africa), medical education, technology and where they intersect.
- RT @AAMCtoday: A med school enrollment report released for 2017 shows that women slightly edged out men, making up 50.7% incoming medical… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ghn_news: In 2015, just 50 child and adolescent psychiatrists covered sub-Saharan Africa’s 1 billion people. spectrumnews.org/features/deep-… 1 month ago
- RT @AcadMedJournal: Integrating Social Determinants of Health Into Graduate Medical Education: A Call for Action: ow.ly/VkNC30heplg.… 1 month ago
- RT @AAMCtoday: For the first time ever, the number of women newly enrolled in U.S. medical schools (50.7%) has exceeded the number of men. 1 month ago
- RT @WomenDeliver: "Gender equality is everyone's business, it's on all of us to make equality our reality." —Justin Trudeau, #WednesdayWisd… 1 month ago
- Accreditation Africa Breast Cancer community health East Africa eHealth Eritrea Evidence-based public health Family Planning Global Health Initiatives infant mortality maternal health Medical Education medical tourism Mental Health Millenium Development Goals Neglected Tropical Diseases telemedicine Traditional Healers Uncategorized
- Advice for eLearning programs in Medical Education: Determine the problem first, then find technology
- 6 Trends in Medical Education in Africa
- Partnerships in Medical Education – an African Context
- Why is it exciting to hear of virtual doctors in Zambia?
- Strengthening the Physician Workforce in Africa
Category Archives: telemedicine
This is very cool – set to launch on October 1 this could really change the playing field of mhealth – next on deck is using mobile phones to enable training in the rural sites. “medAfrica from Kenyan startup Shimba … Continue reading
I recently read an article in the New York Times about the prospects of telemedicine in the US…the future looks great now that reimbursement is picking up. Clearly the motivation behind using technology here is to see more patients and … Continue reading
The term eHealth embodies great hope for those concerned about health care in the developing world. According to wikipedia eHealth is a relatively recent term for healthcare practice which is supported by electronic processes and communication. It includes services such … Continue reading