About the AuthorDr. Zohray Talib is a physician, practicing and teaching internal medicine in an academic center in the US. Interests include global health (particularly Africa), medical education, technology and where they intersect.
- RT @StanfordCIGH: 1st Women Leaders in Global Health Conference at #Stanford in response to #allmalepanel in #globalhealth! #WLGHChat https… 2 months ago
- RT @TanaWuliji: WHO Bulletin: Attacks on #healthworkers and #health care are depriving people of urgently needed care #NotATarget https://t… 4 months ago
- RT @LoggheMD: In order to #HealTheHealers and end the high #suicide rates among #physicians, we must discuss the elephant in the room. #hcl… 4 months ago
- RT @BjorgPalsdottir: #socialaccountability works #InvestInHealthWorkers twitter.com/thenosm/status… 4 months ago
- RT @theNAMedicine: #Intersectionality as a lens for studying #SDoH, health disparities, health equity, & social justice: https://t.co/hhkxh… 4 months ago
- Accreditation Africa Breast Cancer community health East Africa eHealth Eritrea Evidence-based public health Family Planning Global Health Initiatives infant mortality maternal health Medical Education medical tourism Mental Health Millenium Development Goals Neglected Tropical Diseases telemedicine Traditional Healers Uncategorized
- Advice for eLearning programs in Medical Education: Determine the problem first, then find technology
- 6 Trends in Medical Education in Africa
- Partnerships in Medical Education – an African Context
- Why is it exciting to hear of virtual doctors in Zambia?
- Strengthening the Physician Workforce in Africa
Category Archives: telemedicine
This is very cool – set to launch on October 1 this could really change the playing field of mhealth – next on deck is using mobile phones to enable training in the rural sites. “medAfrica from Kenyan startup Shimba … Continue reading
I recently read an article in the New York Times about the prospects of telemedicine in the US…the future looks great now that reimbursement is picking up. Clearly the motivation behind using technology here is to see more patients and … Continue reading
The term eHealth embodies great hope for those concerned about health care in the developing world. According to wikipedia eHealth is a relatively recent term for healthcare practice which is supported by electronic processes and communication. It includes services such … Continue reading